Summer and cooking on the grill go hand in hand. The spicy, charcoal aroma of the warming grill is guaranteed to make your mouth water. And is there anything more satisfying than creating those picture-perfect grill marks and feeling like a master chef?
This summer, give this fresh recipe a try!
Grilled pork chops with fresh nectarine salsa, an exciting combination that offers plenty of flavor while keeping calorie and sodium levels low. In addition, lean pork loin is a healthy protein source. Cilantro and cayenne deliver spice to give the dish a kick, while the nectarine and lime meld for the perfect sweet and sour combination in the salsa. When laid atop the cumin and chili seasoned pork chop, the flavors are a revelation that will create the perfect tango of taste.
To download a pdf of this recipe to print or save, click here.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH FRESH NECTARINE SALSA
- 2 nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 8 (4 oz) boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate, and set four inches from the heat.
- To make the salsa, place the nectarines, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a bowl; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the pork chops with oil, and season both sides evenly with the cumin mixture.
- Place pork loin chops on the preheated grill. Cook until lightly browned and juices run clear, about 4 minutes on each side. Place pork chops on serving plates, and top with a generous spoonful of salsa.